Best Material for Making a Curtain Rod

I has an extra wide sliding glass door for which I'm wanting to make a curtain rod to hang sheers or light weight grommet type curtains. I don't want a traverse rod. The width of the window is 144 inches plus 8 inches (4 on each side). The curtains will be drawn from the middle; therefore I will only be able to use supports on each end and one in the middle. My question is: What would hold up (PVC pipe, electrical conduit, etc.) and not bow considering I'll be installing only 3 brackets? Have you made a wide curtain rod with these or any other type materials?

By weinerdog41 from Ft. Worth, TX

You can make it with PVC for looks, then put a smaller wooden dowel inside. You just have to make sure they aren't exactly the same width and you are good to go.

Rebar...cheap, won't bend and as long as you like.