Best Way to Get Rid of Mice

What is the best way to get rid of mice? I have set traps and sometimes I catch them, but they seem to come back.

By Marion H

The best way to get rid of mice is with a cat or two. If you are on an acreage, you may need more. Do not starve these animals or expect them to feed themselves. Cats hunt for the sport of it; well fed cats are good hunters. And some are better than others. If the mice get into someplace where the cats can't easily get them, I find that regular traps baited with peanut butter work well. If you have mice that keep getting in, you could try to find how they are getting in, and seal up that spot with something. I have heard that steel wool will work. However, I have little faith in things like peppermint. Mice need such a little space to get in that it is almost impossible to find every little space that they can use.