FamilyBetter Living

Birthday Party Planning for Family

Category Family

So, my mom is having her 60th birthday this year and my boyfriend is having his 25th birthday this year. Oh, and they're both on the same weekend. Her b-day is November 29th and his is November 30th.

I already told my boyfriend that I would plan his birthday for him, but now my mom wants me to be there for hers. She did say that it would be okay if I couldn't make it, but then she tried to convince me to do both in the same weekend. This would require me to fly from New York (where her party will be) to North Carolina (where my bf and I live).

What should I do?

By Kloe

She is your mother! Until you have a contract, like a marriage certificate, you owe your mother before you owe a boy friend.

Mom comes first. If you can do both great if not then your BF needs to understand.

If he doesn't then I am afraid to say he is not the right guy for you in my opinion.