Black Forest Pie
This is a delicious and rich mousse-like pie.
Total Time: Total of 6 hours
Yield: 8 Servings
- 4 1 oz. squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling, chilled
- 1/8 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Break up the chocolate squares into pieces, combine with the condensed milk in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract and refrigerate until mixture is cool.
- In another bowl, whip heavy cream. Fold chocolate mixture and whipped cream together. Pour into pie crust and chill until set.
- Serve with cherry pie filling. Garnish with almonds, if desired. Cover and refrigerate leftover pie, if there is any!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.