Bleaching a Vintage Prom Dress

I found a gorgeous dress at a vintage shop this weekend and I am in total love with it and would love to wear it for my wedding. However, it is a bright coral color and it doesn't exactly look like a wedding dress. Would it be possible to bleach it? I would be fine if it doesn't come out to be white or even cream.

I just want the color to be more pastel. The dress is layers of tulle and it has a satin-like fabric lining. I don't want to ruin the dress, but figured it might be worth asking about it to see if anyone has done anything like this in the past with vintage prom dresses from the 50's. Thanks!

By Erin

Tuel and satin can not be bleached. The bleach will eat holes in it. I do not know of a way to lighten it.