Blocking the Heat from a Window

I have two west facing windows. Needless to say, they get hot. I also have things in my window that shouldn't get hot but have no other place to put them. So today I spent $1.00 and 15 minutes on a fix that hopefully will help block out some of the sun.

I bought a foam board at the dollar store, cut it in half, and put it behind the tubs of supplies. I will wait a day to post this and make sure it helps. The white color is suppose to reflect the heat when you can't use foil.

I am sorry the images are so dark. I did the best I could do gauge the part of the day not too dark or too light.

We use dark limo film, we bought at the hardware, to put on our windows to block out the heat of the sun. It not only blocks out the heat of the sun but you can see out but people cannot see in, so it's great for home security.

That is a good idea. I will see if it's available in my area. Thanks!!

Anonymous

What a great idea I too live in a place where only white can be in the window. I await your verdict!!

You could also try a piece of foil faced dryer insulation. They aren't very expensive. Put the foil to the outside.

I would use just regular foil but my complex won't allow it. I can see why...there are houses across the street I might be blinding for 2-3 hours per day. Plus, as a former property manager I have to say looks tacky. But I might try some film like Ziggee suggested. We all gotta stick together in this huh?

All of the one way film I checked into was quite expensive. If you find what you think is a good deal, please let us know.

Has anyone tried using the bubblewrap-on-the-window idea?

Home and Garden Home Improvement CoolingJune 2, 2016
🎃
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Blocking-the-Heat-from-a-Window.html