Blueberry Breakfast Cake Recipes
Make a delicious breakfast coffee cake, starting with blueberries. This page contains blueberry breakfast cake recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
This breakfast cake is so delicious and would be perfect for a brunch get-together.
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp.
- lemon zest (1 large lemon)
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar (set aside 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 egg, room temp.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (set aside 1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together lemon zest and butter.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add 1/4 cup flour to the blueberries and toss to coat.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Begin adding flour mixture to the butter mixture. Alternate with the buttermilk. Mix well.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spray a 9 x 9 in. baking pan and pour batter in.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the 1 Tbsp. of sugar.
- Bake cake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. NOTE: This cake may take longer to bake. Cook for 1-2 min. increments until done.
July 11, 20130 found this helpful
This breakfast cake is so delicious and would be perfect for a brunch get-together. View the full recipe here: Blueberry Lemon Breakfast Cake