Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars

It seems I'm the only quinoa fan in my family. Sometimes that causes me to have leftover quinoa hanging around. One way to get my family to enjoy some of this high fiber, vitamin-packed grain is to put it into breakfast bars. This recipe uses leftover or freshly cooked quinoa, and makes a great grab-and-go breakfast treat that everyone loves!

The consistency is that of a dense cake crossed with a muffin with a crispy top. I prefer mine to be very lightly sweetened, as my recipe follows. If you like things on the sweeter side, a little sprinkle of sugar (or your sweetener of choice) goes along nicely on top of this.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 16 bars

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  2. In another bowl, mash the banana with a fork until there are no lumps. Stir in the honey.
  3. Add the milk, egg, and vanilla. Mix well.
  4. Pour dry mix into the wet mix and stir to combine.
  5. Fold in the blueberries.
  6. Lightly grease an 8x8 in. baking pan and pour mixture in evenly.
  7. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely, then cut into bars.

Hi Attosa,

That sure looks delicious and healthy, and I'm going to have to make this. I really like "grab and go" healthy foods like this too, besides being a healthy snack between meals.

Thank you for this recipe:)

Hi Suz! I love grab and go, too! The lack of time in the days can be so unfair, but meal prep like this is definitely fun and handy :) You are very welcome! :)

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastSeptember 17, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂