Hot Cornmeal Cereal Recipes
Cornmeal can be used to make a hearty, satisfying, hot breakfast cereal. This page contains hot cornmeal cereal recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
This hot cereal is very similiar to another classic type of hot cereal. It has a creamy, no grit texture!
- 1 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cups boiling water
Use a heavy pan to help prevent sticking.
- Mix 1 cup cornmeal and 1 cup of cold water with salt.
- Pour into the 3 cups boiling water.
- Cover and cook for approx 15 minutes, stiring often. This helps prevent sticking.
- Serve hot and sweeten to taste, milk optional.
February 23, 20170 found this helpful
I omit mixing in cold water. Just slowly pour meal into hot water while whisking. I rarely get lumps that's too bad as I really enjoy small lumpys in it for texture.