Bobbin Case Arm Broke Off

I have a Singer 301A sewing machine. What to do if the little arm that's used to open bobbin case (to take out and/or insert bobbin) breaks?

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

March 1, 20170 found this helpful

Unless you are very handy with machines, I would take it to a repair shop.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
March 1, 20171 found this helpful

You buy a new one. Many sewing stores carry them. Some Walmart stores even have them for the machines they sell. The last time I bought one it was around $30. Here is one place that sells them online

Reply Was this helpful? 1
March 8, 20170 found this helpful

You will have to purchase a new bobbin case. Genuine Singer and generic cases can be found in stores such as Walmart Super Store and most larger craft stores. The machine number will be listed on the package so be sure to read everything.
eBay, Amazon and other places on the internet sell these cases but be sure to read everything as some of these are from China and may or may not be the best quality. I would only buy genuine Singer brand if buying off the Internet.

Here is a Singer site to obtain a copy of the 301 manual in case you do not have one. You can also buy parts on this Singer site:


Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesMarch 1, 2017
Summer Ideas!
Pest Control
Fourth of July Ideas!
Father's Day Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/06/10 10:23:25 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!