Bolens Riding Mower Won't Start

I changed the deck belt on my Bolens yard tractor and now the mower will not crank. Sometimes I get a clicking sound and others I get the growl as the motor tries to spin. It doesn't seem to get enough speed to turn completely over. I took the belt off, charged the battery fully and it cranked. I replaced the belt and it does the same thing, clicks or growls as the motor tries to turn over, but it never fully starts.

One of the belt pulley is stuck or it is too tight to spin. It sounds like your belt is stuck and not spinning freely. You'll need to check the belt pulleys and turn them with your hand. Make sure they spin freely and they move with the belt attached. If not, change the pulley out.