Braised Boneless Pork Cutlet with Apple Slices
I used seasoned boneless loin pork cutlets, and braised them in a skillet. I made a pork gravy, added thick sliced peeled apples and served them with rice pilaf. The pork came out so tender and sweet.
- 1 boneless pork loin chops (or more)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced thick slices
- 1 pkg pork gravy
- 1 cup cold water
- seasonings to taste; old bay seasoning, black pepper, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, & bread crumbs (flavored)
- 1 pkg (frozen) green giant rice pilaf, 6 minutes in the microwave
- 1 pkg (frozen cauliflower w/cheese sauce, in the microwave 6 minutes
- Defrost one package of boneless pork. I package all meat in individual packages
- Season on both sides, add a few drops of olive oil to the skillet, heat, add the pork, brown on both sides. Then add a sprinkle of bread crumbs to each side, lower heat. Let cook with cover on for about 5 minutes.
- Make gravy in a measuring cup. Add gravy, stirring it in and mixing it with all this drippings from the pork.
- Add the apple slices around the pork. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- It is ready to serve.
- During the time you were cooking; you can be cooking your rice and cauliflower in the microwave so everything is done at the same time.
- I cooked one large piece of pork, and this meal was enough for two people.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.