Braised Oven Baked Pork Chops Recipe
This page contains a braised oven baked pork chops recipe
. An easy tasty pork chop and gravy main dish, where the oven does most of the flavor melding.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy and tasty dish that takes little time to prepare. It does most of it's work on the flavor right in your oven.
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- a sprinkle black pepper & salt
- a dash of Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 pieces boneless, center cut pork chops
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 fresh lemon, cut in wedges
- 1 medium, sweet onion cut in quarters
- 1 stalk celery, cut into chunks
- 3 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- pan drippings with a 1/3 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp sifted flour
- few drops of Gravy Master
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and thin sliced with a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Season the bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, Old Bay Seasoning, mix with a whisk.
- Add olive oil to a skillet. Let oil heat while breading your pork. Dip pork into breadcrumbs first, then egg, then breadcrumbs again for a good heavy coating of batter. Place in hot oil.
- When all four pieces are in the oil, turn the heat down to medium. You only want a golden brown on each side. You will not be cooking the pork through, just lightly browning. Lay the pork gently on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- 2. Then put pork in an 8x8 casserole dish. Add to this the cut up onion, celery and strips of basil. Squeeze the lemon wedges, removing any seeds. When you are done with the lemon, lay the lemon wedges on top of the pork. Again, sprinkle with a bit of salt & pepper and a dash of Old Bay seasoning.
- Make a bit of gravy from your drippings. Using your skillet, pour gently off any access olive oil, leaving all the crispy browned pieces. Add a 1/3 cup water and a tablespoon of sifted flour stirring it in rapidly to scrap up all the drippings and this will thicken, and add a few drops of gravy master to darken it a bit. Then taken this little bit of gravy and drizzle it across the top of your casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes.
- While this was cooking, I peeled 1 large apple, cored and sliced thin, placed it on a paper plate with a sprinkle of cinnamon, put it in the microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. And placed a spoonful on the side of each pork chop. 1 Apple per 2 pork chops.
- I served mine with just sweet potato.
It smells and taste outstanding.
January 19, 20160 found this helpful
Do you squeeze the lemon over the chops?
In This Guide