Slow Cooker Italian Pork Chops Recipe
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 162 Posts
September 5, 2014
My husband is coaching both of our boys' soccer teams this year and I often have a class in the evening, so great Crock-Pot meals are a must for my family. Italian Pork Chops are easy to prep the night before and, most importantly, the kids really like them. Since dinner is kept hot in the Crock-Pot, we are able to eat a hearty home cooked meal as soon we walk in the door on busy nights (even if we're not able to eat at the same time).
We often serve Italian Pork Chops with a simple vegetable side, but they are also be great served over pasta or topped with cheese (reminds me of Chicken Parmesan). The recipe called for bell peppers ring to be added at the end, but I don't add them.
Total Time: 8-10 hours on low; 5-7 hours on medium
- 4-6 (1 inch thick) lean pork chops
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into thin rings (optional)
- Trim excess fat from pork chops. In a medium skillet heat oil and brown chops on both sides. Drain pork chops on paper towels.
- Put mushrooms, onion and garlic in bottom Crock-Pot. Arrange pork chops on top of vegetables.
- In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, sherry, lemon juice, salt and spices.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over chops.
- Cover; cook on low 7-9 hours (high 4-5 hours).
- Optional: Before serving, turn to high and place green pepper rings on top of pork chops. Cover; cook 30 minutes. Serve.
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 141 Feedbacks
September 5, 20140 found this helpful
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.