Brazilian French Toast

Category Breakfast
This cinnamon sugar coated, crispy french toast is sure to become a favorite. This is a guide about Brazilian french toast.

This is one my favourite ways to make use of stale French bread. This version of French toast is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It's super easy to make, uses typical kitchen staples, and multiples perfectly.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 2 servings

Source: My shortcut version of the tradition

• 2 slices stale French bread (about 1 in. thick), cut in half
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/8 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • oil
  • 1/8 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • honey for drizzling

1. Mix the milk, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl.
  2. Put bread in a large bowl or baking dish in one layer, making sure they don't overlap. Pour milk mixture over the bread evenly. Let bread soak for 5 minutes.
  3. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Beat egg in a bowl.
  4. Ad

5. Pick up milk-soaked bread one by one and dip into the beaten egg, coating both sides and allowing the excess to drip back into the egg bowl.
  6. Place the bread into the hot oil. Cook until browned on one side, about 1 1/2 minutes.
  7. Flip the bread and cook until sides are golden brown. I like to do all the sides so they're super crisp!
  8. Transfer toast to a plate lined with a paper towel.
  9. In a large bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together. Dredge all sides of the toast in this mixture.
  10. Drizzle with honey or syrup, if desired. It's just as nice without.
  11. Enjoy!

I haven't made French toast in ages. Your delicious looking presentation has set me 'uh hankerin' for some. I'm going to try your recipe. (I will be using only two or three drops of vanilla extract, though).

Thanks, Miz Toosa!

Uh hankerin! That's a great thing! I hope you enjoy it! :)

OMG!!! Must make this ASAP!!! Never thot of dredging it in cinn sugar! Dah!

Please do! The cinnamon sugar dredge gives it this beautiful churro like element. I cannot get enough!