Breakfast Bread Recipes

Take 2 plain mini naans per person, warm in the oven till browned. Whilst naans are warming, prepare either thinly sliced cheese for a savoury filling, or crumbled 99 chocolate flake for a sweet filling. On removing naans from the oven, slice into top just enough to insert your cheese or chocolate, close firmly to conserve heat, and allow a couple of minutes before eating so that filling can partly melt.

You may wish to spray chocolate naans with aerosol cream, or to sprinkle the cheese ones with paprika. Tastes more indulgent than it really is, because you would otherwise have had butter or similar topping if you had made toast for breakfast.

3 More Solutions

So many to ways vary this simple quick bread. Dissolve yeast in the warm water, sift together your flour, baking powder and salt, cut in the butter then add your dissolved yeast.

This is a great bread loaf for those looking for a gluten free, dairy free, and low carb option. You can have it fresh out the oven, but I prefer to cut them into 1/3" slices, toast them, and have them with butter and/or jam. This bread's consistency is a cross between banana bread and an English muffin. If you'd like it more like the former altogether, add a few tablespoons of sugar, as this recipe is barely sweet.

slices cut of Breakfast Bread

When I was growing up my Mom used to make a bread that she called breakfast bread. I remember that it had raisins and wheat germ in it - it was very dense and we would slice, toast, and top with butter.

If anyone has this recipe, I would be forever grateful!

Thanks in advance,
Kelly from Helena, MT

Answers

By Mel from NC (Guest Post)

I have made the bread that sounds like what you have described. I hope this is the recipe. Good luck!
recipes.howstuffworks.com/wheat-germ-bread-recipe.htm

Answer this Question
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts BreadsNovember 2, 2015
😷
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Breakfast-Bread-Recipes.html