Breaking Up a Dog Fight

Last May, while I was walking my three Dachshunds, I was attacked by a Pit Bull. It knocked me down and then ripped up one of my dogs on top of me. My dog was unable to survive the attack and the Pit Bull had to be put down. I went into therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder.

I still walk my remaining dogs and carry a stun gun. You have to actually touch the dog to stun it. However, when you aim the gun and push the button, it emits an electric charge which scares dogs. It has subsequently saved me twice. I carry it every time I walk a dog and keep it handy in my hand while I walk. I feel much safer. This is the dog that was killed.

By Maya Lee from Redlands, CA

2 More Solutions

The best way to break up a dog fight is to throw water on the dogs. This will usually startle the dogs enough to stop the fighting. Breaking up a dog fight with your hands can be very dangerous as you are liable to get bit or scratched.

To break up dog fights, especially at a dog park where you may not have water available to squirt, vigorously shake a can filled with rocks so you can make a lot of noise.

Pets Dogs AdviceJanuary 30, 2012
😷
🎉
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Breaking-Up-a-Dog-Fight-1.html