Breeding Zebra Finches?

I have a nest high up in the corner and it is full of hay that my female zebra finch goes in. The male doesn't go in the nest, only the female does. The male sleeps on top of the nest. They still haven't bred, but why doesn't he go in the nest with the female? This is my first time breeding zebra finches.

Plz help.

Did you fill the nest? Remove the materials and then put nesting materials in the cage. They prefer to do their own nests.

Do you know how old they are? One of they may be a little young. Give them time and they'll probably figure it out.

The female zebra finch put the material herself and yes it's nesting material and no I don't know how old they are but when I got my female finch he laid a egg so I am guessing she is old enough and the male is about a year or so.

Pets BirdsJune 18, 2015
🐛
🌻
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Breeding-Zebra-Finches-11.html