Breeding Zebra Finches

I have 2 pairs of zebra finches, 2 males and 2 females. I'm just wondering if they will lay eggs or not. 1 pair has made their nest in one of the bamboo nests that you find at most pet stores. For the most part, either the male or female is in there when the other one leaves. Occasionally they will both come out together and stay out for a few minutes, but eventually at least 1 of them goes back in. The other pair doesn't like to go into their bamboo nest, they stay out on the perches together uncovered. Is that normal? Do you think the other pair has eggs in the nest? I'm afraid to get too close or to look inside their nest because I don't want them to get scared and abandon it if there is eggs in there.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Make sure the other pair is old enough to breed,are fed well, and have enough sunlight.

Ok, so I just checked today & the one pair that made it's nest has an egg in there, I just set up my 2nd cage & was planning on moving the other pair into it to separate the pairs because the pair with the nest is really protective whenever the other 2 birds go near it. Should I still relocate the other pair or just leave them all be while there are eggs & when/if babies come?