Brie Tart Recipes
This soft, rich cheese can make delicious desserts. This page contains brie tart recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
- 25 pecans
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Brie, chilled
- 1 1/2 (17.25 oz.) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- Bake pecans at 350 degrees F in a shallow pan 10 to 15 minutes or until toasted. Cool.
- Remove rind from cheese, cut into 24 cubes, set aside. Roll pastry into 15x10 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface; cut into 24 squares. Fit squares into mini muffin pans, extending corners slightly above cup rims.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until it begins to brown. Remove from oven, and gently press handle of a wooden spoon into center of each pastry.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp. preserves into each shell; top with cheese cube and a pecan. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Enjoy! People will want seconds and thirds. They are so good!
By Susan from Henderson, NY
May 2, 20040 found this helpful
- 1 8 in. uncooked pie pastry
- 1/2 lb. young Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1/8 tsp. saffron
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
Bake pie pastry at 425F for 10 minutes; cool. Remove rind from Brie (Optional: cut rind into 1 inch square pieces and sprinkle on crust to give tart a stronger cheese flavor). Combine Brie with remaining ingredients in a blender or with an egg beater. Add salt to taste. Mixture should be smooth. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes or until set and brown on top.