Savoury Cheese and Vegetable Tart
Similar to a quiche, this tart is easy to make with veggies that you have on hand. Vary the cheese for a different flavor as well. This is a page about making a savoury cheese and vegetable tart.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
July 12, 2016
This is one of my favourite savoury tarts to make. It's much like a quiche. You can add whatever vegetables you have on hand. The cheese is also optional. My father hates cheese so his cheese-free version is pictured here, too. You can also use a use store bought pie crust.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 stick butter, cold
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 4 slices red pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 oz cheese
- 1 Tbsp flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop your cold stick of butter into small pieces and mix with flour. Use utensils or your fingers to crumble into a sand-like texture. Slowly drizzle in the two tablespoons of milk. Press this mixture into a ball shape, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside in your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Fry your onions, mushroom and broccoli in a pan on medium until lightly browned. Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle flour all over this mixture. Immediately add your milk and mix well. Let cool.
- Beat eggs and mix into veggie mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Remove dough ball from refrigerator and roll with a rolling pin. Press into an 8 or 9 inch pie dish. Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork several times. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden on edges.
- Pour the veggie/flour/milk/egg mixture into your half baked crust. Top with cheese and pepper slices.
- Bake in oven at 375 F for 22-25 minutes. Let cool. Enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.