Broken Glass Geometric Nail Art
Geometric designs have been all the range for quite some time. I've seen geometric nail art decals and broken glass designs a lot lately. Here's how to make your own at home with the basics. I used leftover holographic Christmas wrapping paper I had bought at the 99 cent store. You can use any thin shiny paper.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10 beautiful nails
- 1 sheet of shiny/holographic paper, at least 2 x 2 inches
- 1 bottle of clear nail polish
- 1 bottle of any colour nail polish
- Cut a bunch of tiny triangles and elongated diamonds. Make them small enough so at least three to four sit on each nail with space between them. I used two-sided holographic wrapping paper, one side red, the other silver.
- Paint your nails with whatever base colour you choose. I went with neutral/nude. Let dry.
- Paint a coat of clear nail polish on one nail. Very quickly add on your cut shapes of paper. Gently press them into the clear polish. Repeat on all fingers.
- Add a clear coat once you've done all your nails to lock in the shapes. Because I used double sided two-colour paper, some of the shapes got a reflective red tone from certain angles.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!