Building a Stand for Making Hanging Crafts

Working on hanging crafts can be awkward if you try to work on them while they are lying flat. This is a page about stand for making hanging crafts.

I recently began making wind chimes, sun catchers, and mobiles out of recycled materials.

The first two took way too much time and effort as I was trying to lay them on a table to work. So I designed this simple, but effective, stand so I can hang them from the top and work on them as they are going to hang.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

• 1 10 ft PVC pipe ($3.25)
  • 1 PVC cutter
  • 1 hammer
  • 2 elbow couplers ($4.50)
  • 2 tee couplers ($6.50)

I was able to borrow the PVC pipe cutter and already owned a hammer.

1. Cut your pipe into one 12" piece for the top, two 42" pieces for the sides, and divide the last piece into 4 pieces that come out to be "about" 6" each.

I originally designed it to have 4 4" stands vertical from the 6" stands so there are more elbows and tees there than I needed.
  2. Advertisement

3. Assemble the 2 elbows on the top and sides, connecting the 3 pieces.
  4. Using the tee's, put your stand legs on in the opposite direction of the stand pieces. These are easy to tap in with a little hammer. You don't need glue.

N-JOY!!

Crafts AdviceOctober 30, 2016
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
Generated 2020-07-23 16:29:12 in 931 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Building-a-Stand-for-Making-Hanging-Crafts.html