Bulk up with Beans

To stretch our meat budget and add extra nutrition, I love to add beans to meals. My favorite is the white Great Northern. Super easy to soak over night and cook the next day. I mash them until smooth, portion out and freeze.

I've used canned when I didn't have any left in the freezer. Add to pretty much anything you're cooking; spaghetti, tacos, chilli, stews, burgers, sloppy joe's. The flavor isn't affected, but the dish is much heartier. Great for thickening too!

Thank you for sharing. I'm at a crossroads right now as my monthly budget for food was eliminated due to a heating bill eating up that portion.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingJanuary 3, 2014
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Bulk-up-with-Beans.html