Butternut Squash Print Vase
Cut a butternut in two and use the one side of the butternut to print a vase onto brown cardstock. Add some fall colored flowers and cherries, and celebrate the natural beauty of the fall season. Use this colorful artwork to brighten up your room, and impress everyone with your creative skills.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: one artwork
- 11.7 x 16.5 in natural brown cardstock
- small butternut
- large petal palm punch from XCut, code XCU 261811
- orange and yellow cardstock
- acrylic paint in the following two colors: dark brown and true red
- black; brown and green colored felt-tip pens
- 10 small yellow self-adhesive flat-sided rhinestone beads
- 9 nine small red self-adhesive flat-sided rhinestone beads
- 10/32 in paintbrush
- quick-drying craft glue, such as Bostik Clear
- old pencil with a flat-sided end
- sharp knife
- Start by cutting the butternut lengthwise in half. This step should be done by an adult.
- Paint a layer of brown acrylic paint onto the one half of the butternut and print it onto the A3 brown cardstock. This will be the vase for the flowers.
- Punch 10 petal flowers from the orange cardstock and nine from the yellow cardstock.
- Make an arrangement with the flowers above the vase, and glue the flowers in place. Do not completely glue down all the flower petals ~ create a 3D-effect by allowing some of the petals to curl back slightly.
- Add a yellow rhinestone bead to the centre of each orange flower, and a red one to the centre of each yellow flower.
- Use the green felt-tip pen to draw a flower stem for each flower.
- Now use the true red paint and the pencil to add the cherries. Dip the back of the pencil in the paint and print a small circle on the brown cardstock. Keep dipping and printing, until you have added several strands of cherries.
- Use the brown and black felt-tip pens to connect the cherries, and to draw stems.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.