Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
November 19, 2020
This delicious and warming root vegetable soup is great for adding needed Vitamin C in your diet.
- 1 1/2 cup peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/3 cup white onion or leeks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk or half and half
- Dollop for top optional: Sour Cream or plain yogurt
- Cut peeled butternut squash, onion and carrots into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix with rosemary and 2 tablespoons olive oil and place on a baking pan, single layer thick.
- Place in a preheated 450 degree F oven for 20 minutes, stirring once to lightly brown.
- Remove and discard rosemary.
- Transfer half of the vegetables to a blend or food processor and add half the broth. Blend until almost smooth. Reserve in a pot and repeat with the second half of the veggies and broth until smooth.
- Put all the mixture together and add in the coconut milk and stir.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt and sprig of rosemary if desired.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.