Butterscotch Chocolate Pretzel Cookies
Vote for this contest contender!
I get frustrated when I'm at the bottom of the pretzel bag and all that's left are little broken pieces. Here I've used the bits inside a sweet cookie, topped with sea salt. The cookie itself is soft and chewy, and the pretzels give it a lovely crunchy texture. The salt offsets the sweet from the butterscotch and chocolate chips, making this a wonderful all-in-one treat!
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 14-16 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pretzel bits
- flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Thoroughly mix the brown sugar, egg and vanilla into the bowl of melted butter.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of the flour mixture.
- Stir until dough comes together.
- Pour in the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and pretzels.
- Mix until pieces are well distributed. Do not over stir.
- Place balls of dough onto your baking sheet and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with flaked sea salt and allow to cool.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!