Product FinderConsumer Advice

Buying Earphones

Which earphones are better and where can I buy them?
Thank you.

Read consumer reviews online to see which brands get better reviews. Over the ear headsets protect your hearing better than earbuds.

So if you are a true audiophile your needs may be different than mine...I suggest talking to all your friends and getting their input and then trying a few for yourself at their house and see what you like (you don't have to stick them into your ears to tell if you like them or not---just hold them up and listen....as sharing ear wax is disgusting!)

My needs are very basic as I just want to be able to listen to things on my tablet as not to bother anyone. The best pair I have was a free promotion at work pair!

They are very basic...but I hear the music just fine.

So prices range from free giveaways to hundreds of dollars for a big name brand like Bose or Monster (both of which are brands my friends like).

My friends who insist upon buying new and fancy and want to try them, go to Best Buy. My friends who insist upon buying new and want more selection go to Amazon. If I was forced to buy a pair, I would go to the Dollar Store, Dollar General or 5 Below and replace mine.

Here is a recent guide online: www.pingzic.net/.../

I'm a musician. I trust these for quality, good sound, and comfort:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_3?tag=thrif06-20

I also translate speech, and for clarity (and they are incredibly cheap), I use:

www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_4?tag=thrif06-20

When buying earphones, it is a matter of what you are using them for.

- Do you need to use them for noise cancellation to study? To concentrate?
- Do you need earphones for the gym, where they can potentially get sweaty, wet, dirty?
- Do you need earphones to talk on the phone only?

I have a couple of headphones that I personally use.

For the gym, I have beats but they were free with my laptop purchase. I use them because they are good at cancellation and good quality so I can be in the grove while working out.

For my phone, I have the standard earphones that come with my phone (Apple iPhone 7 plus), they work and do it's purpose, to listen to music or talk on the phone.

I would recommend shopping around, checking your budget and reading reviews online. Plus chances are If you purchase from a reputable store , they will have a return policy if you're unsatisfied.