Recycled CraftsCrafts

Buying Old Wood Windows for Crafts

Where do you buy old windows to decorate yourself?

By Pat

Some areas have a store Restore, they are operated by Habitat for Humanity. When people remodel their homes, they can take good items there to donate and they are sold quite cheaply. Also a lot of places have private businesses that are buy and sell salvage items from homes, etc. I know several years ago I had the opportunity to drive past a business like that where I live, and I was really wishing I had a place to use some of the ornate trims, posts, etc., that they had on display outside. Sometimes you have to really look.

You can get them from Hobby Lobby.

I have gleened some from craigslist under "free" and also from freecycle :0)

Look up your local FreeCycle web site! Just post up you're looking for old windows for crafting, you'll get loads of answers!

I'm looking for old picture frames for family photos, just moved in New house would love to do all my pics in old picture frames. could you help? don't want to spend a lot, I don't it to spend but would love to make my house homey, to make people fill at home. thank you