Buying Sheets a Dog Can't Rip

I have two dogs who are girls. They have this thing where they like to dig on my bed and rips the sheets. I need to find out where you can get sheets that they can't destroy.

Thanks.

Thrift store,Free cycle,Craigs list, Facebook. Contact friends,family and neighbors also!

This is a tough one. Some flannel sheets are sturdier but after a number of washings, they weaken.

Can you keep them on a fleece blanket away from the sheets? Can you keep their nails trimmed close so they do less damage?

My Carmel was a sheet scratcher when she was a pup and she out grew it. I was starting to work on rewarding her when she stopped digging, saying stop and giving her a treat when she did. We didn't get too far in when she just stopped on her own. Maybe yours will out grow it or you can train them to stop.

Post back with an update!

Their claws rip the sheets. You need to keep tne nails short.

That will be very hard. You can try flannel sheets because they seem to be a lot stronger than normal cotten sheets.

I think the question might come up - do you want the girls to keep getting on your bed?
That said; I do not believe they make a material that normal people can afford that a dog cannot destroy in a very short period of time.

Perhaps it would be easier to train them to stay off the bed by providing other places for them to get/sleep.

I once read about a person having a similar problem and she taped large pieces of aluminum foil on her bed to deter her dog from wanting to sleep there. Just pieces in close patches I think... Maybe it worked (I know cats do not like it but not sure about dogs).
Maybe piling stuff on the bed in the day time and closing the door at night might work.
I have never had a large indoor dog so I just cannot think of a good answer to your question - hope other answers are more useful.

I dont know of any fabric you would want to sleep on that could stand up to a couple of digging dogs.

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 6, 2019
🎉
🎄

Generated 2019-12-09 22:06:09 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Product FinderConsumer Advice