CD Butterfly Decorations
Summer is upon us here in Tahiti and everywhere I look I see the most beautiful butterflies. Here is a great way to keep summer with you even during the winter months. These butterflies are so easy to make and they look good in your windows, on your refrigerator, or even hanging on a mirror. Smaller children can easily do the creative work to make their butterflies, but the parents will need to help them cut them out.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 3 to 4 butterflies
- 1 old CD
- fingernail polish remover
- black permanent marker
- gold fingernail polish
- gold glitter gel
- Scratch a small area on the label of the CD. Now place your tape next to this area and pull the tape towards you. This will remove the label from the CD. Continue on like this until the entire label has been removed.
- Take a paper towel and some fingernail polish remover and clean both sides of the CD. Do not use a fingernail polish remover that has acetone in it this will damage the plastic.
- On the side of the disk that did not have the label on it, draw your butterflies. You can normally draw 3 to 4 butterflies on each disk.
- Turn the disk over and paint the backside of the butterflies with the gold fingernail polish and allow it to dry.
- Turn your disk, over and touch up your lines with your black pen.
- Add a coat of glitter gel to the butterflies and allow the glitter gel to dry.
- Cut out the butterflies and add a magnet, stick them on a mirror, or use them in your art projects.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!