Cabbage Tossed Salad
I was making salad a few days ago and already had many of my veggies chopped and ready to go. I realized at the last moment there was no lettuce in my fridge. I don't really care for any kind of lettuce anyway so I hauled out a head of cabbage. I will be making this salad again.
Total Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Yield: Probably 6. I make mine for 2 old people and it will keep.
- 1/4 head of cabbage, chopped in medium bite-sizes chunks
- 1 yellow squash, sliced with peel
- 1 zucchini, sliced with peel
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced (I don't like the taste of cuke peels so peeling is optional)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 sticks of celery
- Dressing of choice (optional, I like mine plain)
Directions:I chopped the cabbage sort of small, not with the grater as for slaw and it worked great! I combined it with the other ingredients.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!