Can Parvo Cause Blindness in a Puppy?

I'm so greatly thankful my puppy survived that scary parvo, but I think she's blind now. I have 4 other dogs, I'm glad they never got it. I never even knew about that horrible parvo. I have never felt so helpless when she was so sick. It was really all up to the medication to help her. And like a miracle it felt like she came back to life after a few weeks.

But right away I noticed she couldn't see. Once she was able to walk a bit I realized she was bumping into things, the wall, falling off the bed, and just staring off instead of actually looking. Is that a side effect? She's in the process of the shots, but why can't my baby see? Is it because of the parvo? Nena, is only 6 months old.

Your cat may have an eye infection in addition to the parvo. Please call your vet.

I would strongly recommend that you get the pup in to the vet ASAP so he/she can get it all figured out and give you a treatment plan. Parvo or no, this symptom needs immediate care. Be sure all of your pups are vaccinated for parvo pprevention. I will send up lots of prayers for you and and the pup.

Your dog was just treated for parvo and it's survived the horrible disease. The medication the doctor gave the dog for parvo could have a side effect on the dog that will cause temporary blindness. The only way to find out if the dog will recover is by taking the dog to the vet.

The dog could be experiencing nerve inflammation which could cause temporary blindness in the animal. This could be because of the treatment for parvo or the dog is under stress. No matter what the cause, I would definitely get the dog to the vet as soon as possible to have it examined.

You need to see your Vet right away. You dont want to miss the chance to help your girl.