Can You Dye Hair Without Activator?

Category Coloring
No, permanent hair dye needs the developer to activate the color. This question is can you dye hair without activator?.

I bought a box of hair dye, but it didnt have the activator when I opened it. The shop I bought it from is not within walking distance, so I can't return it. Can I still use the hair dye without the activator?

Answers

Best Answer

No. Permanent dye has to come with developer to work. You can go to any beauty supply store and buy developer.

No, you need the activator. You can order some from Amazon if it's more convenient.

www.amazon.com/.../B0041PBXX8?tag=thrif06-20

You will need this for the dye to work but it is sold at most major stores like Walmart, Target, Dollar General and many more.