AdviceHealth & Beauty

Can You Use a Tanning Bed If You Have a Boil?

Is it safe to use tanning bed with a boil?

It is unsafe to use tanning beds any time, because they cause skin cancer. That being said, I don't think it will make any difference in the boil.

There are many health/doctor sites that contend that any use of a tanning bed is a bad idea and should be avoided.
That said; if you decide to do this anyway, it is recommended that you cover any open sore/mark. I believe a boil would fall in that category.

Perhaps you or someone else would like to read the latest reports on health issues pertaining to the use of a tanning bed.

www.healthcentral.com/.../tanning-bed-myths

www.aad.org/.../10-surprising-facts-about-indoor...

For health and safety sake (yours and others) no. I would not use any public equipment (no tanning, no pool, etc.) You can get an infection and transmit infection to others.

Tanning beds are a whole other thing. I personally would never use one, but that is just me. Bad for your skin. Too much risk for me for skin cancer or burns.

Post back what you decide. Best to get the boil looked at if it doesn't go away. Sometimes they have to be lanced by a doctor. Safety first!! Prayers for healing!!