Candle Burning Tips

Category Home Safety
Candles can provide a lovely ambiance and aroma to your home. Proper use and maintenance will help you to safely get the most out of your candles. This is a guide about candle burning tips.

Here are some tips for getting the most out of your candles and candle holders without a lot of fuss:

Good luck and happy burning!

By (Guest Post)

I burn a lot of candles and I have found it much easier to remove wax from my candle holders with a little heat.

For NON-metallic candle holders; (I remove the metal wick holder from the bottom before burning the candle) I place these candleholders in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the wax out of them. Be sure to place a paper towel under them to absorb the melted wax. Usually after I have gotten most of the wax out I will heat it one more time and wipe it off with a papertowel.

For Metallic candleholders; I have a large glass dutch oven that I fill with water and put it on to boil. While waiting for it to get hot, I pick off as much wax as I can and place my candleholders into the water (gently as to not break them).

Right after the water comes to a boil I remove it from the heat and place a wooden spoon in the pot. Once the water has cooled, all of the wax will rise to the top of the pot and harden. I use the wooden spoon as a handle to remove the wax in one large piece. My candle holders/sticks come out beatiful everytime.

I try not to buy candle holders or sticks that have any plastic on them, I have not tried these methods on plastic. And I will also avoid candlesticks with glued on decorations, I don't know if pieces will fall off in the boiling water.

By Meari (Guest Post)

I've been recycling my wax and saving it to make more candles. I melt the old candle in the microwave (if in glass holders) for a minute or so. Then I dump the wax into a container for later use. I wipe the glass holder out with paper towels and they can be used again.