Lighting Candles

Lighting candles takes some care to keep from burning your fingers. This is a page about lighting candles.

Use uncooked spaghetti or spaghettini to light gas furnaces, fireplaces, BBQs, gas lamps, gas fridges, gas ranges, anything with a pilot light, even candles.

Source: Trying to light my Servel propane fridge in the 70's.

By Helmut from Black Diamond, AB

All winter long, I burn candles but it gets harder to light them with an ordinary match when there is only a little left. I buy fireplace matches at Home Depot. They are much longer than regular matches, and prevent me from burning myself.

Regardless of which match I use, I always rinse it with water before I throw it away. This makes sure that it is not hot enough to ignite the trash in the wastebasket.

It's important to quickly light the birthday candles to save your fingers and the cake decorating. This page is about lighting birthday candles.

Birthday Candles

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

When I want to light a candle that is pretty far down in a candle holder I use an uncooked spaghetti noodle. No more burnt fingers.

By Janette from Parkersburg,WV

In These Pages
Consumer Advice General AdviceJanuary 31, 2017
🎃