Canning Peppers

Category Vegetables
One simple way to preserve the abundance of peppers from your garden is to can them. Technically, peppers are usually pickled and stored for future use. This is a guide about canning peppers.

Hot packing is the most popular method of preserving jalapeño peppers. A hot vinegar and water solution with a bit of salt is added to the jars of whole or sliced peppers. This is a guide about how to can jalapeño peppers.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I am a first time gardener and I have have an overabundance of jalapeno and sweet banana peppers. I am looking for a good recipe to can them.

By June

Answers

Best Answer

I had the same situation and used a "quick canning" recipe I found on the Food Network site. I was very pleased with the results. I had some red chili peppers and I added a few slices into each jar to give them some "kick" and was very pleased with the results.

I would like to know if anyone knows how to fry down green peppers and can them?

By Laura from Fairmont, WV

Answers

Best Answer

I don't know about canning them but I'd just freeze them.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Here's a link for a good detailed informational how to with recipe:
www.jalapenomadness.com/preserve_jalapenos_canning.html

Peppers also freeze really, really well and all you have to do is wash them, dry well and place them whole in freezer bags. :-)

Do you boil the vinegar with the banana peppers before you can them?

By Lena from Foley, AL

I need a recipe for canning mild or sweet peppers. I have four plants and I have a lot of peppers. They are the long sweet peppers.

Darlene from MS

Answers:

Recipes for Canning Peppers

I don't know about canning them, but I'd just freeze them. (06/19/2008)

By Judi

Recipes for Canning Peppers

Here is a recipe I got from a girl I work with. I have never made this, but she gave me a jar she made and it was outstanding. You can make it hot or mild depending on what type of pepper(s) you use. It makes a chunky jardinere that's excellent on a beef sandwich.

She weighs it down by putting a plate on top and then uses a brick to hold it down. (06/20/2008)

By Mary

Recipes for Canning Peppers

I can peppers every year and I always use the same recipe for all peppers sweet or hot. I'm doing banana peppers now.

Put the peppers in hot jars. Boil water, vinegar, and salt for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring. Pour over the peppers and seal. (09/05/2008)

By margaret

Recipes for Canning Peppers

I grate cabbage, put oil and salt in and also grated onion. Stuff Banana peppers. Put in jars and make a brine of 1 part vinegar and two parts water. Put in a pan of very hot water and leave until water cools. Put one clove of garlic in. This is also good if you put in a hot pepper. (09/08/2008)

By Steve mom