Can't Close Lips Completely With New Dentures

I got immediate dentures (top and bottom) Friday after having 19 teeth extracted. It is now Wednesday and I still can't close my lips properly. When should I be able to? I went yesterday for adjustments for sore spots and was told I am healing well and my bite is fine. I am just really embarrassed that I can't close my lips and if I force them closed I look like I have a huge wad of chew in my bottom lip and my top looks the same!

By April

Best Answer

The permanent ones you will receive later should fit perfectly, but the ones you wear right now are just temporary ones.

Oh that's helpful... not at all. She knows THIS maybe try helping with the problem shes having NOW?

Best Answer

Tell your dentist they need to shave the top part of the gums down there's too much up there that you can't close your mouth.

I don't know anything about dentures, but I suspect that yours are not fitting properly. Perhaps you need to consult another dentist, or push your own dentist for an explanation of this poor fit.