Car Idling Rough and Slow to Accelerate

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander AWD. All has been going well lately. Yesterday the "service" light came on. There are no issues when driving. This morning when I turned the car on, it was a little rough on the idle. Then when I put the car into drive, there was nothing at the acceleration. I mean when I put the gas pedal down to the floor, I slowly started to accelerate. The car sounds a little weird as in sputtering, but not what I think is running on less than 4 cylinders. Any ideas?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

From bimmerforums.com:

It could be many things, including camshaft sensors, Oxygen sensors, vanos seals,fuel issues, adjuster unit, ICV, coils, sparkplugs and vacuum leaks.

Check for fouled plugs or cracks in the plug wires . Could be your fuel filter also

It could be many many things. The easiest would be if your gas cap is on too tight causing a vacuum. Check that first. Did you recently get fuel? Could it have water in it?