Caring for a Motherless Newborn Kitten

How do I care for a newborn motherless kitten? What do I do for it? Please reply immediately.

From peteducation.com. Wash and dry the bottles and nipples or feeding tube thoroughly between feedings. Warm the kitten milk replacer in a pan of water until 98-100ºF before feeding. Mix well before using to decrease the risk of any hot areas of formula. The kittens will need to be burped during and after each feeding.

You really need to talk to your local rescue or humane society. There is so much to know and you would be feeding the kitten every 3 hours with milk replacer. I wouldn't say you couldn't do it, because with some quick study and real devotion you could pull it off. But I would be looking for an expert. There are just too many things that can go wrong. If you want to try and raise the kitten here is a good website with very good directions. bestfriends.org/.../bottle-feeding-kittens Good luck.

Newborn kittens are literally like a full time job. Please be sure that you have a free calendar for the next few weeks or find someone else who does and is willing to help out.

First off, newborn kittens need to be bottle fed every 2 hours, even if you have to wake it to eat. Regular milk is not sufficient, kitten formula is necessary and is found at most pet supply stores (as is the bottles and nipples). After you are done feeding it, you need a warm rag to gently wipe it's bottom to stimulate it to go potty. Newborn kittens will not go without doing this. This should be done at least after every feeding until it goes- it's important to the survival of the baby. A heating pad is highly recommended but it's important that it is kept on LOW with a towel or soft blanket between the pad and the kitten. I cannot stress this enough, the kitten getting too warm can end it's life as fast as being too cold so be careful. Also, check the kitten for fleas- fleas can, and will, kill your kitten. If there's only a small number of fleas, take a lice comb and get them off as soon as you see one. Even a few fleas laying eggs can infest the body of a newborn quickly. If, on the other hand, there are alot of fleas on the kitten and you aren't able to get them all off- as hard as it is, you will need to run a warm sink bath (just slightly warmer than room temp) and submerge as much of the kitten as safely possible. The fleas will climb up to the area not submerged so please be prepared with at least 2 extra hands and 2 lice combs, they will attempt to get into the kittens eyes, nose, mouth, ears-- (I cried- thought I was harming them as bad as the fleas were but believe me- the fleas WILL kill them so your only option is to try to save them by bathing the fleas off) There is NO flea drops, powder, or shampoo safe to use on kittens, NONE so baths and combing is your only options. Good Luck