Mother Cat Ignoring Her Kittens

Category Cats
Owner's of cats with a new litter worry if the mom doesn't seem to be caring for them. This is a guide about mother cat ignoring her kittens.

I was wondering if it is normal for a new mother cat to not be 100% attentive to her newborns? I would appreciate any advice you have for me since I am clueless on this.

By Kathleen

Answers

What is she doing? If you need to bottle feed, I can talk you through it.
Let me know what she is doing by clicking on my name and sending me a message.

Newborn kittens after bottle feeding, need to have a moist piece of toilet paper massaged over their hind ends and their pee pee area to make them go. If you don't do this they will die.

I have my own formula and I will send it if you request.

If you know someone with a nursing mother you could see if you could bring your kittens to her. She will most likely nurse them.
I had a mother get hit by a car and left me with a litter. I took them to a friends farm and their cat nursed them.

we have a newborn kitten that the mother left. She had 2 but, only took the one. She has been gone since 12 noon today, 5/9/17. what do we do?