Carpet Color Advice

The right color carpet will complement your room's decor. This is a guide about carpet color advice.

I have a neutral living room with sand color walls and light sea shell color living room couch and loveseat and a white accent chair. There are also sand color tables and an armoir. What color carpet should I go with?

By Rita P.

Answers

Anonymous

I would go with a pearl color if you want to keep everything natural or you could go with a bold color like red for an awesome effect.

I'd try bring in a Sea Foam Green (light rich green), a Cranberry red, Turquoise blue or Chocolate brown. Color can be an exciting statement. Go to a big box home improvement store and get color samples of rugs, wall paint or vinyl tiles to take home and compare to your items in the room. Then go buy the carpet with the sample in hand. Good luck.

I have brown curtains and light gold and light grey furniture. What color carpet should I go for? Should I try matching the furniture or the curtains?

Answers

I would go with a brown rug to match the curtains.

Here are some options for you:

For your entire home carpet, or just a room? I would go with a neutral color carpet like an ivory.

First of all I will go with what NOT to go with.

If you have children or pets stay away from very light color carpeting, white, light beige, or any pastel shade. These colors show the dirt very quickly and you will be having to get your carpets cleaned too often.

I love the idea of a darker green, it goes with gold, brown and grey.

Have you thought of a multi color carpet to pick up the color in your furniture and curtains.

When you go shopping for your carpet, take along a photo of you furniture and curtains and ask advice of the sales person.

Enjoy!

What color carpet will suit a classroom with very pale pink walls and maroon banquet chairs?

Answers

Anonymous

I'd go with grey.

I'd go with grey.

I am very colour blind and need to decide which of two colours would look best in my living/dining area. The two colours are sand square and camel square. My walls are magnolia and I have two large black sofas. The kitchen is white gloss with black handles and floor tiles. The sand option feels quite safe, but I read that camel goes well with black. The link to the carpet website page is :-

www.carpetright.co.uk/nordic-berber-loop-pile-plain-carpet

Please help.
Many thanks.

Answers

It is difficult to give such advice online. My suggestion would be to get a friend whom you trust and whom you believe has good taste, and who sees colours normally, to come over and have a look at your choices. Just from your description, both sound all right. As well, I think it is important that it look good to you as well; you are the one who is going to live with the colour choices. I had a friend who was colourblind who always dressed in black, white, and red, because she was confident that garments would look professional and well matched. BUT, she always took a friend with normal colour vision with her when she went shopping to be sure that the reds were all a true red and not a red-orange/browny red/purple red and that the blacks and whites were true black and whites and not off whites/pale yellow or brownish blacks or dark navy blues.

I wouldn't give a tuppence for the difference in these colors. I think the Sand is a bit more cozy, while the Camel is a bit darker and drabber and probably would go better with black.

Since white gloss and black handles is not very cozy, maybe camel would be a better choice.

What is the best carpet color for brown dining table and light brown brown chair? Thank you.

By Shopmom78 from TX

Answers

Carpet in the dining room? Have you considered wooden flooring? Easier to keep clean when one considers spills.

I have cream anaglipta walls, maroon curtains, and a 3-piece suite. What colour can you suggest to fit in? Nothing too light please,

By Christine G

Answers

I put a light brown carpet that has little flecks of maroon, navy, and forest green in it in my basement and love it. The brown is almost a camel color so it's nice and neutral, not too light/not too dark, and little flecks of color make it interesting and hide any little marks, pet hair, and the small threads and things that invariably end up on the floor in a bedroom between vacuumings. Even dirty dog footprints don't show when the dog gets let in without having his feet wiped (I really have to look for them to get them cleaned up) I have the same color carpet in a solid without the flecks upstairs, and it's still pretty and a nice neutral, but you can see little spots and things much more easily - I know exactly when someone broke the rules and ate crackers in the living room.

Our house came with cream carpet in the bedrooms and it's the worst!! I don't allow food or drinks other than water in the kids rooms and their carpets still look terrible even after having them cleaned.