Casserole Tips and Tricks

I was going to make squash casserole for my Sunday dinner and discovered I was out of Ritz crackers needed, but I did have a box of Cheezits. They not only added the consistency I need but an added cheesy taste. My family loved it and I have been using them ever since.

By Carolyn from Springville, AL

5 More Solutions

Casseroles and cream soups go together. They are great on homegrown vegetables fresh from the garden, jar or freezer. But the more we read the labels, and if you're into watching sodium in your diet and economics, there has to be an alternative.

I use Texas toast with 5 cheese on it for my squash casseroles. Just put in food processor and mix, then put on top of the casserole to brown. This saves on buying cheese.

There are casserole dishes that I like but my husband didn't care. Now, when I'm wanting one of them, I make them in a 9x13 inch dish. Upon baking and cooling, I cut the casserole into servings and freeze them, just for me.

To prevent a casserole from boiling over in your oven as it bakes place butter around the rim of the casserole dish.

This is a page about freezing casseroles. Making and freezing casseroles ahead of time can help make meals easier and faster on days when your schedule is overly busy.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsNovember 1, 2012
👔
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Casserole-Tips-and-Tricks.html