CatsPets

Cat Started Peeing on My Husband

We've had our cat for almost 8 years now and she has never done anything in the house. Now she goes in my bedroom when my husband is sleeping on the bed and pees on him. Why? We've been married over 20 years and she's never done this before.

Help me please!

My suggestion is to call your vet ASAP!

Any behavior change in an animal...especially something so significant can indicate in illness or infection. Better to be safe and call than sorry and let something go and it gets even worse.

If the kitty gets a clean bill of health, the vet can talk to you about behavior modifications.

Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

If she is not spayed, do so. Also check her for infections.

One of my cats did that to my ex boyfriend for weeks and it turned out she had a kidney infection. I'd suggest the vet.

You need to see the Vet right away. Your cat likely has a serious bladder/kidney infection.

If this behavior clears up in a couple weeks and then returns, see your Vet for a second round of medication. These infections can be hard to clear up.