Catahoula Photos

Category Dogs
The Louisiana state dog, also called the Catahoula leopard, is believed to be the first dog breed developed in north america. This page contains Catahoula photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Chaze Cinco Reyes is 12 weeks old Catahoula. I found Chaze at a local animal shelter. As soon as I saw him, I fell in love. Chaze loves to play with his brothers Jaxs Alejandro and Oliver Riley. He loves messing with his sisters (cats); Cadberry Juanita Bonita, Splotchio Bolochio,and Gracie Jane. He loves to get a hold of his mother's shoes (lol).

The shelter was not going to let me adopt Chaze, because he was so young. But I had adopted Oliver Riley there, about three months ago. I was willing to to adopt a pup, even though he is possibly deaf in one ear, and blind in one eye. He may not be physically perfect but, in my eyes, he is perfect all the way around. He melts my heart.

By Sandra

A brown and white puppy in a window.

Comment Like this photo? 12

Tooty is a 6-8 month old Catahoula Leopard Dog. She was a stray that we adopted. Best dog ever! She's a work dog so she enjoys chasing whatever you want to throw. She likes to dig, too. We have a sand pile for her to bury all her "prized possessions!"

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

Cooper is a 10 month old Catahoula. My son brought him home and then moved away two weeks later to go to college. Cooper joined our group of three other dogs. He runs and lets the other dogs chase him and then jumps into the pond. He has really gotten my chubby Dachshund in sleek and slim shape.

By Robin from Meridian, TX

Closeup of Cooper in the garden.

Comment Like this photo? 16

Texas Blue is a 4 year old Catahoula Leopard Dog. Blue was wandering the streets and didn't know where she lived. She was a 4 month old "scared to death" puppy when we first saw her.

We went to her, picked her up, and put her in our fenced yard. We called every town shelter within a 50 mile radius looking for her owner to no avail. Finally, we took her to our vet to determine if she had an ID implant, but she didn't. With no collar or way to ID her, we kept her. That was 4 years ago.

The people next door have a bunny that they let run freely in their backyard. That rabbit and Blue have become fast friends. They run the length of the fence back and forth together.

Look closely at the picture. Catahoula Leopard Dogs have blue eyes (hence the name) and often have a crackled eye; which is an eye that has a small black portion, that runs from the eye into the fur.

By Kenneth S.

Dog lying on a rug beside a bed.

Comment Like this photo? 7

I got Chaz when he was 6 weeks old. He is blind in one eye and deaf in one ear. He did not have a chance; the animal shelter was gonna put him to sleep. As with all my dogs I looked into his eyes and fell in love. I had to rescue him.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Cloe is a 1 year old Catahoula. I rescued her when she was 5 months old. She likes to play, chew, and shake her toys. She is a clown, very loving and smart.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes