Caulking and Repainting a Shower

I had my shower repainted by Permaglaze 12 months ago. At nine months it stated peeling/cracking at the seam of two pieces of the shower. I questioned painting over caulk as opposed to caulking after painting. That is what we do was the reply. Now, what kind of paint do I use to sand, clean and repair the peeling. Should I caulk after painting as opposed to before?

I would think you would have at least a 1-year warranty for this. Check your warranty and contact the company before you touch this shower. If you repair now, you may void the warranty.

I agree with Judy, this should not have started to come apart so quickly. You should hold the company responsible to a standard of quality. They need to address this issue.

Yes, what Judy said. Call the company back.

You really need to look over your contract to see how long your actual warranty is and if other things were done there may be different time periods listed.
Your local Permaglaze company is a franchise but hopefully they will stand behind the quality of work they do and even if the warranty time has passed they should repair this type of damage.

If they do not help you, then I would suggest you contact the parent company and tell them your story along with photographs and also state what your local dealer told you - or did.
Here is a way to contact the parent company:

www.permaglaze.com/email.html