Check for Free Trash Days

Check with your City Hall. Our city has a site to bring old electronics (TVs, computers, etc) once or twice a year for free. The rest of the time they charge a fee. Our dump also has two free days a year to clean up things that will not fit into household trash cans. Otherwise they also charge a fee.

Just so you are aware, some stores now charge you a fee to dispose of the new electronics that you buy them. We were charged $7.00. It doesn't seem right, but I guess some people will dump their junk along the roadside, and the taxpayers have to pay to clean it up.

By Vi Johnson from Moorpark, CA

Our local Goodwill accepts old computers, tv, etc. Check and see if yours does.

Hi, I have an old TV and my dad wan'ts to keep it. How do i SECRETLY throw it out without him knowing. He's out on Wednesdays so I should be able to do it then. I can't drive.

EDIT: I didn't realise this would use my email for my username, sorry in advance.

I shortened it in the system so it isn't quite so rude. You can change it yourself by going into your account options.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsSeptember 23, 2011
💘
🍀