Cheesy Tater Tot Breakfast Burritos
For a tasty breakfast burrito try this recipe. It combines, crispy tater tots, cheese, veggies such as peppers and onions, and a meat of your choice. They can be frozen for quick meals later on.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These burritos are the ultimate breakfast comfort food. They're smothered with cheese and filled with super crispy oven baked tater tots. Add any types of veggies and meats you like. I used onions and peppers alongside turkey sausage. These are brilliant as they freeze and reheat very well, making mornings much easier!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 20 frozen tater tots
- 1 cup chopped sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 450 F and bake tater tots until crisp, about 18-20 minutes.
- While tots are baking, heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook sausage, onion and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs.
- Add eggs to sausage mixture in pan.
- Stir to scramble and cook through, a few minutes. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper, then stir in taco seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese onto one of the tortillas.
- Top with some sausage egg mixture, 5 tater tots, and a line of salsa.
- Fold sides in and place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with the rest. Lightly grease the tops of of the burritos and bake in 450 F oven for about 12 minutes, until edges are golden. To freeze, cover each burrito tightly with plastic wrap or foil. Freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, microwave on high for 5 minutes, turning halfway.