Chick Photos

The Boogaboo Bunch are baby Rhode Island Red mix pullets (or chicks). We were at Tractor Supply today and we decided to add to our family. We have eight baby chicks, guaranteed to be pullets and not roosters.

They are in the chick nursery now, how sweet they are. They are happy to be together and warm under their light and they have little fleece blankets like all our pets do. We will have a coop for them when they are ready and we will chronicle their adventures here on ThriftyFun, as I do all our pets! :)

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

The Boogaboo Bunch (Rhode Island Red Mix)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

8 More Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Phoenix is the black legged chick, and Fluffy is the white legged chick. Our pet chicks are very young, they are still in an incubator large plastic home on our entertainment center in the bedroom.

Two baby chicks.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Whitey and Lucky are 3 days old in this picture. They are Rhode Island Red Mix. Imagine the surprise of going to feed the chickens on January 2, 2010 when my grandson yells "babies."

Two chicks.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Yesterday my husband was cutting down a couple dead trees in the yard with a chainsaw. Our chicks have never heard such a thing and were staying far away and stretching their necks to see what the noise was all about.

Dark younger chickens.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Harriet is a Buff Orpington and the smallest of the chicks we got this spring. This picture was taken the day after she came to live with us.

She's standing in front of the seedling starts. Baby plants and baby chickens. The house is alive with life!

Baby chick.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

These little babies are my daughter's new chickens. We brought them home from the feed supply store. They are Barred Rock chickens. They are so cute. They are the last ones of the season at that store.

Baby Barred Rock Chicks

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

I liked this photo. It reminds me of when I used to draw chickens in elementary school, like little S's with beaks. These are the only ones I have ever seen that really look like those drawings.

Bugaboo Bunch in the Garden Run

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2

When you are a young chick, bathing in the sun becomes a top priority (at least when you are a chicken). I will be posting many more of the Bugaboo Gang taking sunbaths as they are spending more and more time outdoors.

A chicken sun bathing.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

We recently bought these 3 girls from a local farm store. Our two other chickens are getting older and we thought we would add to our flock so that we keep getting eggs.

Our Three Little Chicks - all three chicks

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Photos Pets OtherDecember 22, 2013
😷
🎂
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chick-Photos.html